Thursday, September 20, 2007

Nancy Pelosi is Hot




Okay, Okay.

I'm not trying to call the Speaker of the house a total babe. I'd never do that. But she did come to my school recently, to talk about all things cool and congress like. She gave us a cool little chart (it looks like it was designed by a first year graphic design major) which outline the various things she's been able to accomplish thus far since she took the seat earlier this year. One of her main focuses are children's issues, and she even said she's trying to get a bill passed that would provide universal health care for all of America's children.

I found the presentation interesting. Firstly, I've never seen a speaker of the house, which is really cool. Secondly, the last time I was in the auditorium in the School of Business (where the presentation was held) I was listening to John Edwards speak about being president. So its back to back political speeches tosses at malleable young minds. (John Edwards does kinda 'look presidential'.... whatever that means).

I think these are the little things that make college interesting, the people who might visit, or seeing a lone squirrel run across campus trying to find a mate. Next week Barack Obama is slated to speak at Howard University's convocation, and it looks like a rough deal for me. Firstly, there are NO tickets available to students, and the few that are available are being tossed into a lottery for incoming Freshmen. I personally want to see Obama speak, but I don't want to have to sleep with the scariest looking lady in the administration building to get it.

Well....it is Obama.

Either way, this has been a very 'political' week for me. With Bush saying Mandela is dead,

watching a massive Jena 6 rally on television, talking about politics and commerce in pretty much all my classes, I feel less like a Film production major and more like Poly Sci. Hopefully next week will be easier. I've been running up and down so much (literally 10 hours a day ) that I feel fried. Just before I started this blog I had to draw up two cartoons for my school paper (which are due at 5 by the way) and then now I still have reading to do, and my stomach is completely empty.

But i'm alive and well aren't I? That's enough to be glad about. I'm thinking of turning tonight into a pre-friday Friday, meaning i'll head out and have a few drinks to loosen up a bit before the weekend REALLY starts. In terms of writing, I've been trying to plot my project for National Novel Writing month. I'm stuck right now between a few ideas, about an Immortal, something to do with a game indians used to play, or another non-fiction project. Time will tell.

Maybe I should just sleep, and dream about Sirens giving me foot massages shortly before they eat me.

peace

1 comment:

Innately Introspective a.k.a. - Me said...

Nancy P. does have a lil intrigue to her i must admit; lol. But for real, it has been a very politically charged week. Best way to end it is to link tonight @ Ibiza.......