Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Feedback and the Happy Mondays


I have a theory. The theory goes like this:
"If Monday rocks, the rest of the week will too." I tried implementing this little idea this week. So far, its 100% correct. I'm pretty busy, but I got some VERY good responses to my "Asian Invasion and the Jesus Cock Block" blog. I will need to go out more and find more crazy, varied situations to make people laugh and smile.

My happy Monday theory doesn't involve drinking vodka and taking thorazine shots and rolling into class looking like a Moose in the middle of a partisan electoral debate... its more like, throwing a bag of activities into the air and hope they fall in a meadow that isn't littered with the droppings of over-sexed rabbits. (sometimes I feel I have the metabolism of an oversexed rabbit, minus the multitudes of progeny left in the wake of my furry sexercise.)

Its more like a transference of energy. If I start the week on a good high. I smile at the toothless man giving me flyers for a political rally, I say hello to people I recognize but barely know, or I take a power-nap during the middle of the day in between classes. I do things that engineer so called "happy" feelings. This week, I went to my friend's house, which i have labeled, the "Kentagon". Let's just say I had a few stilted moments trying to discuss Asian politics with a Chinese native, stuttering in my rusty Japanese with a freshman from Georgetown who's fluent in Japanese (which drew interesting stares from Native Speakers seeing a Jamaican and a Staten Island native chatting phonetically) and downing beers while complaining about how horrible my Sony Cybershot t5 is.

But all in all, it was a good start to my week. A semi-tipsy skateboard ride back home, and listening to "This Ain't a Scene its and Arms Race" by Fallout by 12 times pretty much set me up for a week laced with high energy activity, and a poppy-nasal earworm to keep me company. But, the Happy Mondays theory is really put to the test on Friday, as a Happy Monday, must naturally lead to an extremely interesting and even wilder Friday. If i'm downing beers, eating Jerk chicken pizza (which I helped to make) and skateboarding on Monday (all the while doing school related activities), then Imagine if I unleash myself on a Friday! Ho ho!

So, we shall see how the happy Monday theory works out. I'm watching the first episode of Heroes Season two, and i'm worried about budget cuts because so many characters have been conveniently incinerated, divorced, or relegated to one-liners. All in all, Happy Mondays to everyone!

I must go now, a paper beckons. I shall return anon.

No comments: