Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Marcus got PwNed


I'm feeling tired. So tired in fact that everything seems like a hazy blur of sounds and images. I think i'm entering that state of information overload, where girls look a little too attractive on TV, only chinese food is tasty and water seems very metallic. I'm not sure if I need sleep, or large quantities of fruit. I've had so much reading to do, I'm sure i'll have dreams about Evil corporations privatizing the water supply of poorer nations for the next few weeks. I have my Mac-lookalike Telecomm Policy teacher to thank for that. Otherwise, life presses on. I think in terms of my time management i'll have to do most of my writing on Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Because all my other days are insane. I have so many long classes, I have to keep a strong attention span for seven or eight hours. But this is college, and its great to have an education. Now I can use terms like "discourse", "reinscription", "hegemony" and "Incomplete".

But as a writer, this is a challenge. There MUST be a time allotment for the serious writing, which means i'll have to either wake up early to write (and drink copious quantities of coffee/stimulants) or just designate the days. For now I'll work with day designation. At the start of school I was pulling 4-6 pages a day, but as the work piled on that dropped to basically zero. If i'm going to successfully work through National Novel Writing month, I have to perfect this time organization scheme, so I can have my goal accomplished "THREE MANUSCRIPTS WRITTEN IN ONE YEAR" (eventually I'll say "THREE BOOKS WRITTEN IN ONE YEAR") but supposedly industry people say you can't call it a book until its published, blah blah blah.

Well I REALLy want to be able to say I wrote three books in a year. I mean, you tell anyone that and they'll at least buy you a beer. I think I need to start excercising again. During this summer I was working out heavily four times a week and I had endless energy. Maybe an endorphin rush every now and then will stimulate my creative center... but excercising is another time management thing.... tricky tricky. I'm going to make it work. By the way, I designed that sexy ape-man hybrid thingy the other day. Its a sample of my work. Maybe i'll post more in the future.

No comments: