Friday, December 28, 2007

Bembe & Quad, my second homes

I've heard of people going to Quad three times in a week, and I've always though these people were relegated to "ilder" status. I've been to quad numerous times, and I've always left with a grain of salt in my throat. Its a club with a familiar theme, the same music and most of the time, the same people. Why then, would people go there three times in a week?

Well, most people have nothing better to do.


There are no other clubs that operate in the way Quad does, therefore, the fallout of every major party will spill to one of two locations: Quad, or Asylum. I've since stopped going to Asylum for reasons I can't remember, and reasons I can't try to remember. All I know is that this week, I have entered that special group of people who have been to Quad three times in one week.

I'm not upset, its just that I never EVER thought I would fall into that demographic. Thankfully, each time I went to Quad it was not a thought spawned from the recesses of my consciousness. Each time, I was being a gratious host, and taking someone out after a few outings. I have no idea how I will be able to function in DC upon my return to the states. Firstly, I drive in Jamaica, and it is INSANELY convenient. Secondly, everytime I go out, the after snack everyone relishes is Jerk Chicken.... and the guys that sell jerk chicken (i.e Jerk Chicken men) are everywhere to the point where its impossible to find a large venue without a jerk chicken man waiting outside to serve hungry patrons after one party finishes and they start heading to another party.

But I must say, my last outing to Quad was really good. I went on Saturday and on Christmas night, and both nights were a little off. But last night, boy, it was so packed it had to be fun. I believe that when Quad is stuffed to the brim with people, it is truly the time to go. What better time to go to a club than when it is completely full of people all tryin to have fun?

Either way, I haven't observed anything particularly hilarious in the last two weeks worth mentioning. I have been going out non-stop, and I have a severe lack of sleep going on. But Christmas is family time, jerk chicken time and introspection time. My primary thoughts have been meditations on the very near future, a few career options that have presented themselves to me and feeling glad to be alive. I can feel this way now because I'm in the tropics, but when I re-enter that Winter atmosphere of DC, well, I might not be as peachy.

However, life goes on. In three days it will be a new year and like most people, i'm lookin gforward to big things right?

We'll see.

No comments: