Thursday, August 16, 2007

Good Will Hunting


I'm watching this movie for maybe the fifth time, and chills run through me again as I see the amazing scene between Minnie Driver and Matt Damon, where their characters, Skylar and Will have that tense, expertly worded scene about love. Personally, that scene (along with the inevitable reconciliatoin with Will's psychiatrist, played by Robin Williams) always gives me a rush. Minnie is so believable in this role, I can see why it affects me. Like most of the audiences who watch these films, I almost genuinely believe these characters could be in love. Maybe people can teach monkeys to do sign language, and rats to hop throug hoops, but I can't imagine learning how to cry like that. Either way, I'm watching this film to feel a touch of life again. Next to Contact, starring another startlet of mine, Jodie Foster,this movie reminds me of a man's search for his own meaning. 
Even a super-genius with love issues needs to find himself. So maybe a average
joe like moi can find himself too. Emoticon time... :